Hey World! Roller skating is my favorite hobby!
I want to share my love for skating with the world and decided to create this blog to capture my skating adventures and help others explore their own roller-skating journey. What better way to do that, then to create a blog about it.
So, here are a few facts about me.
- I have over 17 years of roller skating experience and I’m going to skate until I can’t skate anymore. I don’t ever plan to stop. I’ve skated around the country at various national skate jams, and parades, and even taught roller dance lessons.
- My real name is Dinah, but my skate name is MUFFY. It’s catchy and easy to remember.
- I’m a member of Naptown Real Rollers.
- I’ve owned 4 pairs of skates: 1st pair were Legends and the 2nd /3rd Riedell OG 172 and my current pair are Hydes!
- Favorite wheels: Roller Bones, Team Logo Recreational
- Favorite bearings: Bones Reds Precision Skate Bearings
- Fun fact: I was born with six fingers on my left hand!
- My pet peeve: When non-skaters refer to my roller skates as roller blades..ugh! (grinds my gears)
The style of skating I’ve grown to love is called rhythm skating. This style of skating consists of line dancing, synchronized skate dance routines, jam skating, and various moves that require strength, balance, and flexibility. I get a lot of my inspiration from skaters in Chicago and St. Louis because of their complex footwork and smooth transitions throughout their routines.
If you are still confused about what Rhythm skating is…check out my last roller-skating video at Skateland to get a better understanding.
Over the next year, I plan to travel the country skating and teach others the art of roller skating. I will provide tips and tricks to help you conquer skate moves and help as much as I can. If this is your first time coming to my blog, WELCOME! Let’s roll through this journey together!